Friday, 16 June 2017

WATERCOOLER WEDNESDAY CHALLENGES - WWC123 - MARSHA'S "FIREWORKS" THEME CHALLENGE

WWC123 - MARSHA'S "FIREWORKS" THEME CHALLENGE
 
 
 
HAPPY 150 CANADA, EH!
 
When I saw the "Fireworks" Theme, I immediately thought of Birthday Blast stamp set and Edgelits.   They were the closest to "Fireworks" for me.    The colors that I used are Real Red and Whisper White - Canadian Colors, eh!  The card is rather thick and if it was being given to someone, I would make a belly band or tie a ribbon around it to keep it closed.  However, I always decorate my entrance way with a few Canada Day items and this card will be displayed on my console.   This theme definitely got my creative juices flowing and after being inspired by all the beautiful cards from the Design Team, I was ready to Create!    
  
Inside View -Top:
 
 
Inside View - Bottom :

 
Top and Bottom View:
 
 


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  Real Red, Whisper White, Dazzling Diamonds 
Glimmer Paper, and Red Glitter Paper
Stamp Sets: Birthday Blast, O'Canada
Inks:  Real Red, Whisper White
Misc.:  Botanical Builders (Flower & Stamen), Star Blast Edglits, Little Numbers Thinlits, Foam Adhesive Tape
 
I know its early, but Happy 150th  Canada!    This is my Canada, and I am proud of it.   Our freedom should not be taken for granted, but appreciated to its fullest.   We have so many new immigrants.... lets welcome and make them proud to live in Canada!
 
I hope you like my card, take care everyone and see you next time!
Heather :) 
 
 




9 comments:

  1. Hi Heather! This is absolutely fantastic! Love what you've done. Thanks so much for joining the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Heather! The inside of your card is spectacular. And the outside is every bit as terrific. Love your colour choices (of course---yay, Canada) and the combination of die-cuts. What a great presentation of fireworks. Kudos to you for an awesome take on the challenge. Thanks so much for joining us this week for our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather I have to say this card takes the pyrotechnic cake for sure! Love that you've used the red and white Canada 150 theme and just blasted this card right out of the water with your double die cuts on the inside. Very inspiring not only in your card but your gratitude and appreciation of being a Canadian shines through in your post! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - this is stunning Heather and the inside is inspiring - love the colours too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Heather!!! Loving the pop up fireworks inside the card especially! Happy Canada Day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the inside! What a Great example!Thanks for sharing it with us at Watercooler Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That die is just perfect for a fireworks challenge! Love the surprise on the inside. Thanks for playing along with Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Wow! The inside is AMAZING!!!!! I didn't first get what you meant by it being thick but then I totally got it! Fabulous card! Thanks for playing along at Watercooler Wednesday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an AWESOME card Heather! WOWZA!!! Thanks for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete