Thursday, 26 January 2017

MERRY MONDAY CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE- #232- INSPIRATION PHOTO


This week's inspiration comes from Designer "Deanne" and is creating a Christmas card using "the inspiration photo" shown above.   For more inspirational cards go to
Merry Monday #232

When I saw this photo, I immediately thought of a nice cup of steaming hot chocolate!   And thought of what JOY it would be to have a cup.   My card also has three little gingerbread cookies as well.  I mean, you can't have hot chocolate without cookies, can you?  LOL 
I used some dsp that is still my favorite along with some greys, and of course Whisper White.  Threw in a little spoon to add to the delight of stirring my hot chocolate.


Closer View:

Inside View:

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Smoky Grey
DSP:  Winter Frost
Stamp Sets:  Tea Shoppe,  More Merry Messages (Inside)
Ink:  Coastal Cabana
Misc.:  Joy Sentiment (M.B.), Embellishments

So, as you can see, a pretty tasty looking cup of hot chocolate!
This was lots of fun and looking forward to the next challenge at Merry Monday.   Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you have the time to leave a comment.   Heather :)

6 comments:

  1. Hello Heather and thank you so much for your sweet comment on my Merry Monday card.
    Yours is so yummy as well, I adore those little Ginger Men cookies happily peeking out from this beautiful cup. I love the sparkle too and that adorable little spoon is just the perfect detail for your lovely card.
    I always, always finish the inside of my cards, it saves a ton of time when it comes time to mail them, it doesn't take a lot of time to cut a couple of more panels and stamp a few images, I don't make the inside to involved, there should be space for a hand written note. Finishing the inside of all my cards was a New Year's Resolution in 2016 and, when the Holidays came around, I was perfectly ready to send my cards to family and friends.
    Thank you again for visiting.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely elegant card with your hot chocolate and gingerbread men. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so pretty and a cute idea! Love your little gingerbread men in the cup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a pretty card..love the monochromatic look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card, Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love your little cup with the gingerbread men peeking out!!

    ReplyDelete