Thursday, 16 April 2015

MERRY MONDAY CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE #154 (LET'S GET VINTAGE)

Merry Monday #154  (Lets get Vintage)
 


I'm back............Between Easter weekend and the garden I have been busy.  We went down to Abbotsford for my Mom's 93rd birthday and to visit with family over the Easter Weekend.  Good times.

I also have a big yard that needs constant attention.  We pruned a lot of shrubs and trees.  Cleaned up the back hedge and had someone take all the branches away.  We also put out 34 bags of debris.  Thank goodness that is all done.  Now it is time to start the rounds in the garden again as the weeds never stop. 

I love vintage and this was a nice challenge to do.

 
A closer look...

 On this card I used old dsp, glitter paper, a bit of  lace and the Snow Flurry die cut.  I used Chocolate Chip card stock and also a sponge dobber with Chocolate Chip ink around the dsp and image card to give it the vintage look.

Thanks for stopping by, and hope you leave a comment or two. 
Have a great weekend!  Heather :)

9 comments:

  1. I like the papers and elements you added to your card this week to make this a pretty vintage card! Thanks for playing Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty vintage card! Great use of different elements. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is very pretty. I like blue and silver as a combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey neighbor (I'm in Lillooet BC about 3 1/2 hrs from you) I am lovin' your card - everything about it is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this sweet vintage scene, Heather! And that snowflake is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your vintage card! Your image is fabulous!
    I noticed that you love to ski too - not everyday I meet someone in blogland who shares that passion! Downhill or cross-country? I do both, but have recently fallen in love with cross-country. Went for my last official x-country ski of the season last Sunday - probably could have skied a little long if it had not rained as we had a good base! Most of my friends thing I'm NUTS and groan when my whole family cheers for snow in the forecast, lol! Hey, winter here in NW Ontario is LONG, I say if you can't beat 'em (it) you might as well join 'em - and get out and enjoy the white stuff!
    Nice to "meet" you!
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lace, layers and glimmer.... what a great combination for your vintage card. Love how it came together Heather. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Vintage image, I like how you have coloured only a few parts of the image. Pretty design! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful vintage card! I love the blue and silver combination for the winter scene.

    ReplyDelete